(And Sing! And Dance!)
I hope you’re having an enjoyable holiday break – and that you are, in fact, getting some sort of break. You deserve it!
I know one of my favorite ways to relax is with a good book. Hopefully this week’s video will help your little one(s) develop a love for books and reading as well. (And maybe give you a chance to read yours while they watch, read along and sing along with me…)
THIS WEEK’S VIDEO IS…
MISS NINA’S CHILDREN’S BOOK SONG COMPILATION!
I’ve gathered together five of my original book songs into one long, extended play video. It’s a little over 18 minutes long with back-to-back book songs. Here’s what I’ve got for you:
- The Brown Bear Rap
- How Do Dinosaurs Say Goodnight Song
- Llama Llama Red Pajama Song
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Counting Song
- Goodnight Moon Song
EARLY LEARNING CONCEPTS CHILDREN WILL GET FROM THIS VIDEO…
Whether in person or via video, children gain tons of pre-reading and early literacy skills from book songs:
- Watching the turn of pages they learn that in English we read from left to right – their eyes begin to scan the pictures in this order and begin to learn that’s the direction we read word.
- Letter and word identification come from seeing the words, saying the words and singing the words over and over again
- Linking music, singing and even dancing with reading helps children of a variety of learning styles with their reading (especially the ones who don’t like to sit for a book). AND they experience that reading is fun and develop a positive association between fun and learning.
View video below and here’s a link to share –> https://youtu.be/
The weekly livestreams are on hiatus! There WILL be Livestreams in 2021 – but not on a weekly basis.
To join me for LIVE, weekly classes sign up for Tunes & Tales: